Lone Star – Delicious recipes
Brined Grilled Salmon
– ½ cup of salt
– 1 cup of sugar
– 7 cups of water
– 1 ½ lb of salmon fillets
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 1 ½ teaspoon of paprika
– 1 teaspoon of white pepper
– Dissolve the salt and the sugar in 2 cups of hot water in a gallon sized zip top bag or a very large bowl.
– Add the cold water and the salmon fillets. Remove all of the air (if using a bowl, weigh down the fish) and seal.
– Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
– Heat your grill to medium.
– Remove the salmon and pat it dry.
– Rub the salmon with vegetable oil on both sides, then dust with paprika and white pepper.
– Grill the salmon for about 4 minutes on each side, or until it flakes easily with a fork.